INTERESETING FACTS ABOUT WINE
Wine is considered one of the most ancient and mysterious drinks, around which every nation has its own legends. Here are some interesting facts about wine that few people know about.
1. Armenians were the first in the world to start producing wine. During excavations near the village of Areni, archaeologists discovered clay vessels, bowls and grape seeds intended for grinding, fermenting and storing grapes, which indicates that wine production in Armenia began more than 6,000 years ago.
2․ Red wine has a red color due to the fact that during the fermentation process it is saturated with the color of the grape skin. White wine does not go through the fermentation process.
3. Wine tasting is essentially an assessment of the smell. Therefore, women are better suited to the role of tasters than men, as they have a more sensitive sense of smell, especially during reproductive age.
4. Not all wines improve over time. The vast majority of wines are immediately ready to drink and lack potential, and only a few will improve upon storage for decades.
5. The word "wine" is of Sanskrit origin, which means "love".
6. Regular but moderate use of wine can reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, stroke.
7. During wine tasting, you need to hold the liquid in your mouth for a while and only then swallow it. A good wine will have a long aftertaste, while a poor quality wine will not.
8. Expensive, heavier foods are paired with heavy wines; light foods require light wine. In addition, red wine is usually served with red meat, white wine with white meat or fish, and sweet wine for dessert.
9. There is a right and wrong way to hold a glass of wine. It is necessary to hold the glass by the stem, not by the cup itself, as the warmth of your palm will heat the drink.
10. Typically, red wine has stronger antioxidant properties than white wine and contains resveratrol, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease.